Finance for Non Financial Managers Training Course
It assumes no prior knowledge and uses everyday terminology to dispel the mists put up by the financial world which perhaps encourage you to believe it is difficult – it isn’t; and what’s more it can be fun!
You will leave with the ability to:
- Manage working capital and cash flow better
- Maximise profitability
- Be able to read financial statements
- Be able to interpret the figures
- Understand the jargon used in the financial world and enter with confidence into financial conversations back at work
You are encouraged to contribute to the day from your experience and also ask questions at any time.
This was very structured. Picture was so worthwhile in terms of creating the big picture and how everything fits together. Thank you.
Really great course and very interesting. The pace was perfect and everything was explained clearly.
To enable delegates to understand financial language and concepts
To be able to use that understanding in their business context through:
Contributing constructively in conversations around financial issues
Understanding how they may be able to act differently in their work environment to support better financial outcomes
To take away the ‘fear factor’ of finance and appreciate that at its heart it is really simple
A programme created to enable delegates to learn while keeping up to date with their work commitments. It will be in three sections: Two sessions either side of a 90 break for work and lunch. A 60-minute catch up a week later having taken away and acted on their action plans with a further opportunity for questions and feedback.
Key workshop areas:
Session 1: 10.30 – 12.30
- Financial jargon
- Where does all the money come from – sources of funds
- Fixed assets, depreciation, EBITDA and other things to be scared of…
- Working capital – what is it and why does it matter? Seeing how Covid-19 is impacting this massively
- A memorable model to tie all of this together – bring your coloured pencils!
- Action planning – where do you play your part on optimising working capital
Session 2: 14.00 – 15.30
- Another model - this time looking at how we influence profitability
- What are the different kinds of cost and expenditure and why it matters?
- Profitability: Net, gross, bottom line, operating, retained, EBIT – let’s sort it all out
- Action planning – how can you influence this in your organisation
- Published accounts: an opportunity to look at a well-known company. I’ve used this company for years and always wondered about one number! What did the press say only last year, where did it all go wrong and what happened?
Session 3: – a week later 09.30 - 10.30
- A one hour opportunity to ask any further questions once you have started to relate all of this to your business area.
- Action planning – how is it going?
Online Course Details
|Duration: 3.5 hours plus follow up||Credits: 2.2|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Member Cost: £335+VAT|
|Non-member Cost: £502+VAT|
|Course Fee: £502||£ 502.00|