In person or online, speaking in front of a group can be hard. You need tools to create concise, engaging material and then deliver it in a way that looks confident, grabs your audience's attention and keeps it until the very end.
Confident Presentation Skills [a Cambridge Network Course]
By the end of the training course, the delegates will be able to:
- Show confidence and control their nerves
- Write rich, concise material with a story
- Engage the audience and keep their attention
- Communicate authentically
- Use visuals effectively
- Adapt to the unexpected
Each attendee brings a 4-minute presentation on any subject they like, in the form of simple notes (and visuals if they wish). They deliver this twice, building it into a thing of utter beauty: powerful, persuasive and easy to deliver. Each attendee should also have their preferred note-taking medium.
- Introduction: format and objectives for the day
- Writing: techniques for creating and editing concise material with a story
- Visuals: how to use slides for maximum effect without relying on them
- Everyone writes the first draft of their piece
- Everyone delivers their piece and receives feedback
- Delivery: techniques to handle your nerves and keep your cool
- Delivery: how to make a great first impression and engage your audience
- Everyone edits their material to a shorter duration
- Everyone delivers their piece again and receives feedback
- Conclusion - key points learnt from the day are discussed and reinforced
|Duration: 2 x 2.5 hours over 2 days||Credits: 2.5|
|Times: 9.30am - 12.00pm||Member Cost: £375.00 + VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 4||Non-member Cost: £563.00 + VAT|
By reducing stress and fear, I make giving talks enjoyable.
Using my experience as an introvert, stand-up comic and video games designer, I deliver short, fun but effective training to create successful, confident speakers. I work with both companies and individuals.
All my training is currently online. I can use Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Skype.