Microsoft Word is a widely used and powerful word-processing package. The primary objective of this half day training course is to familiarise you with the basic operations of Word. It will provide experience of many of the features found in this product to create and alter simple documents.
- Self-study pack containing exercises and files to practise what you've learned at your own pace in your own time.
- A month support on the topics covered.
By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
- starting Word, understanding the Word application window
- using the quick access toolbar
- displaying help information
- exiting from Word
Creating a document
- resetting the working folder
- entering text into a document, saving a document
- examining document properties, printing a document
- closing a file
Editing a document
- reopening a file
- moving the insertion point within a document / selecting text
- inserting the current date and time into a document
- inserting text into a document/deleting text from a document
- reversing an edit operation
- finding text in a document
- finding and replacing text in a document, moving a text block
- copying a text block, changing the zoom level of a document
Formatting a document
- applying attributes to text, applying a new font and font size to text
- simultaneously applying multiple font options to text
- indenting a paragraph, formatting existing text
- resetting line and paragraph spacing in a document
- resetting paragraph alignment in a document
- resetting the margins of a document
- resetting the page orientation for a document
- setting and clearing tab stops in a document
- using decimal tab stops
- creating a bulleted/numbered list
- inserting a hard page break/creating a multiple-page document
Using Word's writing tools
- using the spelling and grammar checker, using the thesaurus
Additional Word features
- using a Word template to create a document
- inserting symbols and special characters into a document
- printing an envelope and a label
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at new or recent users of Word.
Delegates should be familiar with the Windows operating system, either from attending a Windows Introduction Course or knowledge gained from their own experience. No knowledge of Word is expected.
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)