Sessions are run at our premises in Cambridge, but can also be held at your workplace or as virtual sessions.
Microsoft Excel is a widely used, powerful spreadsheet package. The primary objective of this half day Further Use training course is to broaden your knowledge of Excel. This session allows you to appreciate the full potential of Excel.
- Self-study pack containing exercises and files to practise what you've learned at your own pace in your own time.
- A month support on the topics covered.
By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
Using Excel functions
- what is a function?
- using the SUM, AVERAGE, MAX and MIN functions
- using AUTOCALCULATE
Using absolute cell references
- entering an absolute column and row cell reference into a formula
- entering an absolute column or row cell reference into a formula
Filtering and summarizing worksheet data
- adding subtotals to a list
- applying an advanced filter to a list
Linking worksheets within a workbook
- setting up related worksheets within a workbook
- moving the cell pointer from one worksheet to another
- copying data from one worksheet to another, editing the data
- entering a formula to link related worksheets
- formatting multiple worksheets in one operation
- previewing and printing multiple worksheets in one operation
Linking multiple workbooks
- entering a formula to link multiple workbooks
- creating a workspace
Creating a chart
- what is a chart? plotting a basic chart
- modifying and enhancing a basic chart
- previewing and printing a chart
- plotting non-contiguous data ranges, plotting a pie chart
- adding new data to an existing chart
Analysing worksheet data
- creating a pivottable report
- resetting a summary function in a pivottable report
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at anyone who has some experience of Excel and wishes to examine some of the more advanced features.
Delegates should be familiar with the basics of Excel, either from attending our Introduction or Getting Started Course or knowledge gained from their own experience.
Price: £112.50 + VAT = £135
(10% discount for Cambridge Network members)
Book online or email email@example.com
Once your booking is confirmed, the course is guaranteed to run.