Microsoft Excel Tables can be used to store and organise your data, any way you wish. You can use its powerful tools to quickly retrieve information and view and summarise it in numerous ways.
This training course allows you to appreciate the full potential of Pivot Table reports and will save countless hours in calculating and recalculating information.
- Self-study pack containing exercises and files to practise what you've learned at your own pace in your own time.
- A month support on the topics covered.
By the end of the course you will be competent with the following skills:
- what is a table?
- plan before you build
- dos and don'ts when working with tables
Working with a table
- set up a new table
- format a table
- ensure accurate data entry using data validation
- add new data to an existing table
- sort and filter the records of a table
- specify a range of values as criteria for a filter
- add totals to a table
- preview and print tables
Summarising data in a table using PivotTables
- what is a PivotTable?
- produce summary reports using a PivotTable
- reset the summary function
- show totals as a percentage
- insert a slicer to filter data interactively
- present your information as a chart
- preview and print reports and charts
- visually explore and analyse data using conditional formatting
- create a dashboard using the DSUM and DAVERAGE functions
- use a PivotTable to build a list of unique values
- combine data from multiple worksheets using data consolidation
- create conference labels, letters or emails using data in your table
This course outline is a guide. All our courses can be tailored to customer requirements.
This course is aimed at anyone who has some experience of Excel and wishes to manage and analyse data in a worksheet.
Delegates should be familiar with the basics of Excel, either from attending our Introduction or Getting Started Course or knowledge gained from their own experience
Price: £135 (10% discount for Cambridge Network members)