In response, the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) commissioned a Life Sciences Strategy in 2020 to set out recommendations to grow the life sciences sector. In parallel, Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP) developed a shared set of ambitions across cluster stakeholders to ensure that Cambridgeshire remains a globally competitive destination for life sciences – the Vision for Life Sciences. Both are attached here for information.
In order to maintain the scale and effectiveness of Cambridgeshire as a globally leading life sciences cluster, CUHP and CPCA plan to convene representatives across the cluster in order to identify, coordinate, and progress a programme of specific development initiatives and to support the sustained growth of the sector.
Initially, we will focus on ‘Place’, the physical infrastructure and connections required to support the life sciences ecosystem, such as:
- Flexible space to accommodate business needs at different stages
- Priority developments to support different types of research and collaborations
- Fit-for-the-future healthcare facilities which support innovative models of care
- Effective and sustainable long term transport solutions
- Infrastructure to support productive and liveable communities
Please could we also draw your attention to the Covid-19 policy:
1. We would ask all guests to take lateral flow tests ahead of the event - please do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid or if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive
2. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue
3. We are not filling the venue to capacity to allow for social distancing
4. Please wear a mask in Reception
5. Finally, we would like to reassure you that we will be conforming to all Government COVID-19 guidelines.
Three identical workshops in the New Year will take place with key stakeholders to test place-based hypotheses.
Interested parties are asked to identify which you would find most convenient to attend by registering through the relevant Eventbrite link:
Friday 14th January 2022
11:00–13:00 (refreshments and a light lunch will be provided)
King’s Hedges room, Babraham Research Campus
Tuesday 18th January 2022
14:00 – 16:00 (refreshments will be provided)
Chestnut Suite, Wellcome Genome Campus
Wednesday 26th January 2022
15:00 – 17:00
Online, via Zoom
Please note that pre-booking is essential.