This is your chance to pitch ideas to major global players in the Food, Drink and FMCG sectors.
Open Innovation Forum Food, Drink & FMCG Pitching Event 2021
Senior leaders from major Food, Drink and FMCG firms such as Mars, PepsiCo, Heineken, Suntory, Muller, Cargill, Boots, Twinings, Yili and Kerry are holding a pitching event for innovative companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups and university spin-offs. These companies, who are members of the University of Cambridge IfM’s Open Innovation (OI) Forum, are seeking new solutions to their business challenges, so you have the chance to pitch to them at an event on the afternoon of Tuesday 7 December, which will take place online. The 10th Food, Drink & FMCG Innovation Pitching Event is open to all individuals, research organisations and companies of all sizes and levels of maturity. Up to 20 entrepreneurs, start-ups, researchers, innovators and technology developers will be picked to pitch their ideas to a panel of key decision-makers and ‘innovation scouts’ from important food, Drink and FMCG firms.
Reasons to enter:
- Most importantly, all finalists will have the opportunity to present their ideas and products to around 50 senior leaders and decision-makers whose main job role is to scout for and acquire innovation and technology from outside their organisations.
- All finalists will receive a certificate and will benefit from publicity associated with the event.
- Winners and highly commended entries will receive a trophy.
- Selected finalists will be invited to take part in virtual ‘hackathon’ activity with Forum members on 8 December to identify solutions and next steps to driving forwards these four Sustainable Development Goals.
- All proposed pitches will be circulated to OI Forum members, whether they are shortlisted as finalists or not, so this is a sure-fire way of getting your idea in front of some key potential partners.
- The event is free to enter and is taking place virtually – what have you got to lose?
Application deadline: Early bird applications close 1 October 2021
The Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) provides a unique environment for the creation and sharing of new ideas and approaches to modern industrial practice.