This workshop is designed for individuals who present regularly, and want to enhance their already competent skills. The workshop is highly interactive, with research in psychology to get the most out of you and your audience, and practical exercises to enhance key skills whilst building confidence within a supportive environment.
Presentation Skills: Advanced [a Cambridge Network Course]
This workshop is designed for individuals who present regularly as part of their role and want to enhance their already competent skills.
The workshop is highly interactive, with research in psychology to get the most out of you and your audience. Practical exercises to enhance key skills and presentations of increasing demand are implemented to build skills and confidence within a supportive environment.
- Enhance your personal impact and influence
- Create persuasive and memorable content
- Structure presentation to engage and retain audience’s attention
- Practice skills to present ad-lib, from notes or script effectively
- Use PowerPoint to enhance your message not overtake the presentation
- Handle questions confidently
- Gain a clear understanding of own presentation strengths and areas for development
Excellent instructor; flexible and made the 2 days pleasurable and productive.
Along with practical exercises to demonstrate key skills, participants will deliver mini presentations during this day to build confidence and self-learning.
- Welcome, introductions and capturing individual objectives of delegates
- Psychological theories of presentation engagement, including understanding attributes of inspirational speakers and the power and effect of emotion
- Banish nerves and harness our inner confidence
- Vocal and visual image of competence and enhancing own personal impact
- Structuring persuasive content: comprehension, engagement and relevancy tests plus a toolbox of other psychological persuasion techniques
- Notes, script, ad-lib and PowerPoint advice and techniques
Most of this day is given to preparing for and presenting the main presentations and receiving in-depth feedback from the course facilitator and the rest of the group.
- Further skills and strategies as required for creating and delivering powerful and memorable presentations
- Writing and rehearsal, with ongoing support
- Delivering your presentations, recorded for learning and evaluation
- Sharing insight and feedback within the group, from self, peers and trainer
- The workshop concludes with action plans completed by each participant to encourage continued development
- Further collated notes and feedback are forwarded to each delegate as ongoing aide-memoir
Participants receive a summary of all feedback from day 2 and their video footage
|Duration: 3 Half Days||Credits: 2.6|
|Times: 9.30am - 1.00pm||Member Cost: £400.00+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 8||Non-member Cost: £600.00+VAT|
Cambridge Network's Learning Collaboration works on behalf of local employers to organise training and management development for their staff. Set up by the Network in conjunction with local HR Directors, our aim is to provide all Cambridge Network members and organisations with improved access to high quality, shared training courses at value-for-money prices.