eg technology are a product engineering design and development specialist based in Cambridge, UK. We create the next generation of medical devices and consumer products, making a positive difference to how people live.
Software Engineering Graduate
eg engineer real products based on our collective engineering experience and innovative thinking and have a great record of delivering inspiring and successful products across a wide range of market sectors. We know how to get products to market for our clients by specialising in industrial and mechanical design, human factors, electronic and software engineering, project management and quality assurance.
At eg technology, we value team work and collaboration. We are client-centric, open, honest and share our ideas, experience and knowledge across projects. This creates a supportive, enjoyable and relaxed environment for our valued team, which we are currently looking to grow.
We are offering the opportunity for an exceptional graduate to join our team in summer 2021.
Brief Description of the Role
We are looking for a logical thinker who can use their science, engineering or mathematical background to analyse and solve software design challenges across various development projects. You will use a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing. This is a consultancy role involving end-to-end development, quality and testing. You will have the ability to adapt the appropriate development environment and language for a particular technology and client, an aptitude for software architecture, design, implementation and testing ready for release.
Your continued development is paramount to us and we will offer tailored guidance and support while you are working on interesting and challenging projects.
You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and suppliers, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
Software concept development, detailed design, implementation, documentation, prototyping, testing and software build and release as required for consultancy projects.
Software development is to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
This role requires a logical thinker who demonstrates:
- Good C++ / C#, preferably with some understanding or a willingness to learn embedded and desktop or mobile programming.
- Basic experience of developing software for at least one or more of; Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS or for embedded devices.
- Experience of, or an interest in using real time operating systems: e.g. FreeRTOS, WindRiver, QNX, Windows Embedded or similar.
- Experience of, or an interest in, mobile and embedded platforms, kernel mode software, device drivers, 3D graphics, Bluetooth, networking, SPI, I2C and serial communications.
- A basic understanding of communications protocol design, user interface design, security and cryptography.
- Fundamental awareness of the principles of software engineering, including specification and verification within the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with cloud Web Services, such as Microsoft Azure is not essential but an advantage.
- Experience with software engineering tools, such as issue trackers and source code control, is not essential but an advantage.
- A basic understanding or willingness to learn Test Driven & Behaviour Driven Development.
- An ambition to work on software development in medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory or test equipment.
- An ability to communicate ideas, concepts and designs and contribute to design and code reviews.
- The ability to manage your own time and tasks within projects to time and budget constraints.
- A willingness to learn about current legislation and harmonized standards applicable to our client’s projects. eg MDR, IVDR, ISO 14971, ISO 13485, IEC 62304.
- On track to achieve, or already have, a relevant honours degree, minimum 2:1.