C++ developer to assist in maintaining our existing GUI and CLI software suite and developing the next generation of Cresset products.
Cresset develops software, and consultancy, to aid in the design of new medicines, agrochemicals, flavors and fragrances that will have a major positive impact on human health.
Over our nearly 20 years of corporate history, Cresset has remained focused on delivering innovative, accessible, and reliable science to research chemists in industry and academia. We continue to develop as a world class provider of solutions for small molecule discovery.
We are looking for an experienced C++ Developer to join our team of talented and enthusiastic programmers. At Cresset you will be helping to build cross-platform cutting-edge scientific solutions, involving writing high-performance code where every cycle counts, building beautiful GUI interfaces using advanced OpenGL techniques, working with cloud and local high-performance computing clusters to parallelise big data computation and extending Python APIs to give easy access to our core software libraries.
- Work with Cresset’s scientific team to integrate new research methods into the applications.
- Design and implement GUI using Qt.
- Design and implement Python API’s bindings to C++ using pybind11.
- Write Python scripts to enhance functionality of the applications.
- Perform code reviews.
- Create unit tests and benchmark performance.
- Work with the scientific and QA team to find and fix bugs.
- Bachelor’s degrees in computer science, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of C++11 or newer experience, our development environments currently use gcc 9.1, Visual Studio 2019 and Xcode 12.
- Linux, Windows, macOS
- Qt5, PySide2
- qmake, CMake
- Conan C++ Package Manager
- Python3, pybind11
- SVN, Git
This is a full time role which will ideally be based from our UK office (outskirts of Cambridge) with the option to work from home a few days a week. Your own transport is therefore essential. Flexible working hours available.