We are looking for a motivated and inquisitive Prospect Development Executive to join our busy Insight and Development team, supporting ARUK’s ambitious targets by ensuring our fundraisers have all they need to attract and grow donations.
Prospect Development Executive
Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for a motivated and inquisitive Prospect Development Executive to join our busy Insight and Development team, supporting ARUK’s ambitious targets by ensuring our fundraisers have all they need to attract and grow donations. This role within Prospect Development will provide support to our busy team and provide information on a range of potential supporters including prospective individual donors (at the major gifts level), companies and grant-making trusts.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a dedicated and passionate team supporting the Senior Prospect Development Officer, within the UK’s leading dementia research charity.
Main tasks of role:
- Undertake detailed research on prospects and donors in order to increase our knowledge of potential donors and to increase the likelihood for a successful fundraising ask.
- Be agile in responding to ad-hoc requests as required, ensuring we are equipped to act on new fundraising opportunities.
- Seek ways to identify new potential donors and be able to present findings to fundraising colleagues.
- Learn to use databases to identify new prospects and opportunities.
- Gather and share information about relevant supporter networks and peer links to team colleagues in order to support fundraising activities, including through our fundraising events.
- Provide administrative support to the team (helping with process documentation, booking regular meetings etc).
- Act as an ambassador for the team in interactions across the whole organisation.
- Be committed to best practice, constantly seeking improvements in our operations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of prospects on the fundraising database, being mindful of the GDPR.
- Work with other teams to share expertise and knowledge about prospect development techniques.
- Effectively manage and prioritise your busy and varied workload.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by the Senior Prospect Development Officer in line with the responsibilities of the post.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of writing detailed reports suitable for all levels of management.
- Confidence working with computers; knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of working with databases.
- Good planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and adaptability.
- Work well as part of a team, but proactive and can work independently.
- A commitment to the ethos and goals of Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum, plus benefits
The closing date for applications is 8 August 2021, with interviews to be held w/c 16 August 2021 though you may be asked to interview earlier. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on these dates.