Interested in a career in Life Sciences? Based on the Cambridge Research Park, Waterbeach, Horizon is a leading life science company that delivers science-driven research solutions advancing the understanding of the genetic basis of disease and the delivery of better healthcare outcomes for patients. These roles provide an exciting opportunity to develop scientific and organisational skills.
We are looking to recruit for THREE LAB AND AUTOMATION TECHNICIANS to join our cutting edge Cell based Screening Department. Working within an inclusive team environment, you will have the chance to gain experience and skills for a career in scientific labs. This is varied role where you will be contributing to the smooth running of our Screening labs, organising and ordering stock, managing equipment upkeep, and supporting our automation team on shift work, all whilst learning about the exciting work we do at Horizon to support the development of personalized medicines! Following training you will also have the opportunity to gain further support to learn scientific techniques.
- Provide effective support to the team operating our high throughput screening production robotic equipment, on a day/evening shift rota basis across a 7 day week pattern.
- Contribute to the daily running of laboratory operations, including but not limited to, monitoring of consumables levels, preparing & dispensing reagents, cleaning and maintenance of laboratories and equipment.
- Carry out tasks accurately, follow methodologies & operating procedures and record all work to the agreed company and departmental standards.
- Help maintain a safe and efficient working environment, comply with company policies, follow instructions.
- Be an effective team member in supporting the Screening functions in Horizon
- Work with Scientific and non-scientific staff to enable smooth running of the labs.
- Contribute to additional activities within the team, as required.
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- Educated to GCSE level in English and Maths
- An enthusiastic learner with a “can-do” attitude
- A diligent nature with good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time keeping skills and able to work in a professional environment.
Full training will be provided and we strongly encourage applications from conscientious, detail-oriented and enthusiastic individuals.
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- A GCSE in Science and experience of performing in a team environment are desirable but not essential
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers everyday. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
If you need an accommodation or assistance to apply for this position, please email HR@horizondiscovery.com or call (US) +1 720 890 5133 (UK) +44 01223 976 000.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.