Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation.
Software Developer C++ (Remote UK)
The Materials Science Business Unit within Ansys, formerly Granta Design Ltd, is the leader in materials information technology – software, information resources, and services to advance materials education, and to enable better, greener, safer products.
As a C++ Software Engineer within Ansys Granta, you will be responsible for building the gateway for our flagship product, GRANTA MI. Our Gateway links CAD, CAE & PLM systems used by thousands of designers and analysts to GRANTA MI, the leading system for materials information management.
• Developing clean maintainable code, predominantly in C++ and the latest C++ frameworks, to allow clients access to our platform via CAD, CAE & PLM systems.
• Providing your input and experience to all stages of our development lifecycle. From design and specification through to development and quality.
• Ensuring the Gateway platform products are developed and maintained to a high standard.
• Working on cross-platform technologies across Windows and Linux.
• Using debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to help us build efficient software that works.
• Significant development experience of object-oriented programming in C++, including knowledge of the latest C++ libraries.
• Worked with cross-platform development technologies on Windows and Linux
• Development experience of XML technologies, including WSDL, XSD, SOAP.
• Good knowledge of at least one secondary language (e.g. C# .NET, VB .NET, Python, Java).
• Customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues.
• Effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and an attention to detail.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.