About the role:
This is a hybrid role – a combination of office (we are based in Cambridge city centre) and remote working.
We are looking for an experienced frontend developer to work on BIOS's Remote Health Platform (RHP).
The RHP consists of three interconnected products:
- Smartwatch app for collecting health data
- Smartphone app for collecting patient survey data
- Web-based reporting portals for clinicians and researchers.
For researchers, the platform can lower the cost of clinical trials and accelerate the pace of discovery by providing an alternative to in-clinic assessments. For clinicians, it can provide valuable insights into a patient's condition between medical appointments. The BIOS Remote Health Platform is a certified medical device.
In future versions of the RHP, the data collected from wearable devices will be enhanced with BIOS’s unique neural technology, which can understand and sequence neural code. This will improve understanding of how patients’ nervous systems respond to treatments. The successful applicant will play a key role in the strategy for our clinician and patient facing software.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work within our multidisciplinary team - developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining certified medical device software.
- Implement and maintain production level code for BIOS’ web applications.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design & implement user interfaces.
- Deploy software within certified medical device systems.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Desire to learn new programming languages & frameworks.
- Ability to design & implement intuitive user interfaces.
- Experience of testing, debugging and maintaining web applications.
- Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems and determining their solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience.
- English Language skill - appropriate UK qualification or SELT pass at B1 CEFR scale or confirmed Ecctis for degrees taught in English.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, automotive, nuclear or defense).
- Experience of testing frameworks.
- Experience of data visualisation.
- Working knowledge of source control management such as Git.
- Experience with issue management systems such as GitLab or JIRA.
- Experience of working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with AWS.
BIOS is an exciting and progressive business which values its people at the heart of everything we do. We understand that people who are happy and healthy at work and at home produce better results. Therefore we have a compensation and benefits package that promotes health, finance, life:work balance and professional development.
Competitive Salary, dependent on experience, and company share options.
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (office and remote) and flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Healthcare and Dental insurance
- Enhanced Pension scheme
- A variety of well-being initiatives (incl. gym membership contribution, cycle maintenance scheme)
- Financial support for commuters through our season ticket loan scheme
- Great central Cambridge location with excellent transport links (incl. rail, bus, bike, scooters) and local amenities
BIOS is committed to equal employment opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants who will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.