As the Finance and Operations Business Partner, you will work alongside the different directorates of the Charity, providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight to Directors and Heads of Service.
Finance & Operations Business Partner
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work For in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
As the Finance and Operations Business Partner, you will work alongside the different directorates of the Charity, providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight to Directors and Heads of Service. You will challenge their thinking, helping them to make more informed financial and operational decisions to help drive the business strategy.
You will work closely with all areas of the Charity, forming good relationships with stakeholders, providing real-time financial support and analysis. You will be a trusted financial adviser who is willing and able to challenge decisions in a valued and constructive way.
Providing a strong integration between Finance, Corporate Services and the rest of the Charity, you will assist in driving change across the organisation, ensuring that Finance is always at the forefront of any decision making. In a period where Alzheimer’s Research UK is looking to continue to grow, you will be key in making sure that financial and other operational impact is considered at all times.
Main tasks of the role:
- Assisting budget holders with, and processing monthly and quarterly reforecasts
- Assisting budget holders with operational planning, including financial assessment of new initiatives, as well as processing the annual budgets
- Income variance analysis to assist budget holders to forecast more accurately
- Expenditure variance analysis and assisting budget holders to understand why/where they are over/underspending
- Running the management accounts and preparation of a monthly commentary
- Assisting directors to fully understand the budgets and outturns for their directorates
- Full understanding of income targets and assessment of any financial risks embedded within the targets
- Full understanding of payback from key fundraising activities; and assessing returns on investment for both existing and new events
- Adding value by assisting budget holders to find different ways of working to improve financial and operational performance
- Financial training to individuals as required
- Critical friend
- Acting as a conduit between Corporate Services and the rest of the organisation to ensure that all operational aspects are consulted and considered before decisions are made
We are looking for:
- A passionate, proactive, and friendly finance professional with excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to find and suggest solutions or improvements
- The ability to build constructive relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the Charity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to modify communication styles for different audiences to maximise impact
- An adaptable approach which enables us to make the most of opportunities
- A strategic thinker with a focus on impact, results and continuous improvement
Location: Flexible with regular travel to our offices at Granta Park, near Cambridge
Salary: Circa £45,000 per annum, plus benefits
How to apply:
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
The closing date for applications is the 31 October 2021, with interviews to be held 8/9 November 2021. Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.