You will play a critical role in helping to create a culture of continuous learning and personal growth by designing and delivering a range of initiatives which support and enable individuals to develop their skills, knowledge and experience, add value and drive organisational performance.
Learning & Development Manager
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
We are looking for an experienced Learning and Development Manager. You will play a critical role in helping to create a culture of continuous learning and personal growth by designing and delivering a range of initiatives which support and enable individuals to develop their skills, knowledge and experience, add value and drive organisational performance.
As part of the wider HR and Volunteer Management Team, you will work effectively as an integral part to the team by providing input and support into the organisational and functional strategic plans and support organisational wide initiatives and projects. In addition, the Learning and Development Manager will proactively contribute to the development of policy, processes and procedures, along with providing comprehensive guidance and support across the charity.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised as an outstanding place to work. You will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution and be given the opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and experience. With your passion, enthusiasm and desire to add value and make a difference, you will help to create a world free from the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an award-winning team which continuously add value and make a difference.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide input and support into the organisational and functional strategic plans and support organisational wide initiatives and projects, particularly from a change management and EDI perspective.
- Design, deliver and embed various L&D initiatives through a variety of blended learning options such as coaching, mentoring, on-the-job training, classroom training, bite-size learning, action learning sets and e-learning.
- Identify opportunities to maximise digital learning tools and interventions that support the L&D strategy and create flexible and innovative programmes.
- Provide support with delivering and embedding the Leadership Development Programme for Line Managers and employees.
- Develop and implement an internal mentoring programme, coaching programme and job shadowing scheme which enables employees to build on their skills, knowledge and experience and encourages opportunities for personal growth.
- Provide support and guidance to Line Managers and employees to identify learning and development needs.
- Create opportunities which enable volunteers to continue to develop their skills, knowledge and experience and increase their understanding of dementia.
You will need:
- A learning & development qualification or significant experience working in an L&D environment, as well as having a coaching qualification or relevant experience.
- Insight and knowledge of developing and implementing learning technology solutions and online learning materials.
- A broad range of experience in designing, implementing and evaluating a variety of L&D initiatives which support individual, team and organisational needs.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build relationships and deliver engaging/creative learning to different audiences.
- Good organisational skills, with an ability to plan and prioritise work to meet the emerging needs.
- Strong attention to detail, a proactive and pragmatic approach, with an ability to remain calm under pressure.
Location: Flexible, with approximately two days a week working from the office at Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £43,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
How to apply:
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 7 November 2021, with interviews to be held on 11 November 2021 and final interviews on 16 November 2021. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK