Redgate is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work in its IT organisation. You’ll be part of the team responsible for helping modernise and migrate our internal architecture to a containerisation and orchestration (possibly cloud-native) platform whilst delivering stable, secure and scalable infrastructure using continuous integration and delivery.
The role will be based within one of our three Capability teams working with developers, data engineers and a product owner, supported by our IT Ops and Data Platform teams. Over the next year, the IT organisation will be supporting several of the company’s most important strategic programmes and delivering crucial insight and capabilities to the rest of Redgate.
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you’ll work within the team to take end-to-end responsibility for solutions, from build to production to decommissioning. You’ll empower the team to confidently deploy changes, monitor services in production and deal with failures through automation. In addition, you will use your skills and experience to help implement DevOps practices across all of IT and drive the modernisation of our platform forward.
What makes you Redgate’s next Senior DevOps Engineer?
- You’ll have practical experience of DevOps/SRE practices and embedding these within teams
- You’ll have a deep knowledge of containers and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes are key) and have experience of migrating existing services/technology with these tools
- You’ll be familiar with a cloud-native approach
- You’ll understand how DevOps can support and improve development and operational work
- You’ll have experience of working with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS and OpenStack
- You have a curiosity for new technologies and a thirst for automation, standardisation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You’ll be familiar with what’s required to provision and manage infrastructure, ensuring it is reliable, scalable and secure
- You want to work closely with the capability team to improve the release of code and the environments that are required by them
- Automating the management of a large number of servers using configuration management tools such as Puppet is second nature
- You’re just as effective working remotely as in an office
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package .
- Salary is £60,000.00 – £80,000.00 per annum, depending on experience.
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work time
Redgate are happy to fully fund all fees and charges related to the successful applicant obtaining a Skilled Worker Visa if needed. We will also assist with both the financial costs and logistics of your move to the UK.
During the selection process, Redgate’s Flexible-Hybrid working model will be discussed, alongside the expectations for the specific role you have applied for.
For your information, the general principles are:
- For the majority of roles, if you can commit to travelling to the nearest office on a weekly basis, you can live wherever you like as long as it’s in a country or US state where Redgate has an office.
• Permanent working from countries or US States where we don’t have an office won’t be possible unless the job advert states otherwise.
• Some roles may require more office presence than others which might influence where you choose to live.
For the rest of 2021 we are supporting fully remote working for those that are uncomfortable returning to an office at the moment. However, you do have the option to come into an office on an occasional basis and many people are now choosing to do this, where our offices are open (Cambridge, UK; Berlin, Germany; Brisbane, Australia; Pasadena, CA).
At Redgate we recruit on a rolling basis, which means we carry on recruiting until we find the right person for the role. We tend to compare individuals to the role specification rather than to each other.
The post Senior DevOps Engineer appeared first on Redgate.