Synaptics forged the human interface revolution and are pioneering the relationship between people and intelligent devices. Our products are built on the company’s coordinated research and development, extensive intellectual property and global partnerships. With solutions designed to optimize the user experience across broad markets, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products for people, to make their digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable.
The PC Video Interface division within Synaptics designs ASICs and SW to address video docking stations, protocol converters and many other products. Learn more on the dedicated product page. Synaptics supply all the major brands in the PC market, including Dell, Lenovo, HP and more with Synaptics innovative solutions.
At Synaptics together, we explore, create, and thrive.
We don’t just imagine the next big thing; we make it happen.
Synaptics is offering a stimulating position as a Principal Systems Engineer in our dynamic Systems Engineering team. You will work with other engineering teams to define technical roadmaps, support new ASIC and system architectures and participate in external industry bodies to monitor and develop new standards.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who will guide new concepts and influence the decision process within the business to create new products. The technology activities undertaken within the Systems team are wide ranging, multidisciplinary and thought-provoking.
In this role you will:
- Lead innovation team/projects
- Monitor external industry standards bodies, and take active part in key working groups.
- Support the architectural definition and development of new ASIC products
- Define, improve and maintain processes within the Systems team to develop and communicate industry trends and proposed roadmaps.
- Consult for multiple concurrent projects and teams
We are looking for:
- Good network of industry peers
- Participation or active monitoring of international standards
- Knowledgeable on: video coding and /PC interfaces e.g. HDMI, DP, USB, PCIe and WiFi
- Extensive engineering experience with ASIC and SW/FW design and development
- Development of software and hardware products using state of the art tools
- Fluency in English – spoken and written
- Proof of innovative skills and attention to detail
- Great presentation skills
- Good command of standard productivity tools
When applying, please comment on each bullet point in Experience/Skills Required section above.
Flexible working available
Visa sponsorship & relocation support available for exceptional candidates on a case by case basis.
We offer a suite of attractive compensation benefits: We offer a competitive base salary, and to ensure you are rewarded for a job well done we offer a bonus scheme based on the company and your personal performance. To promote a level of ownership all new hires are granted a number of stock units. In addition to our moneytary compensation we offer a suite of benefits; employer contribution to pension, employee private medical cover, gym reimbursement scheme, bike to work scheme, subsided staff dining facilities, free fruit, tea/coffee on site and the opportunity to develop your career through our new blended approach to learning.