We’re looking for a passionate and talented person to lead our US Product Support team and provide exceptional customer support for users of Redgate tools.
You’ll play a vital role in the Global Support team, working closely with your colleagues in EMEA and APAC. Every day you and your team will help customers solve their technical problems by performing remote screen share sessions or working with them via omnichannel customer support tools to gather important details about their technical issue. You’ll also champion our products, provide our Product development and Customer success team with customer feedback, and help your colleagues understand the tools’ technical concepts.
You will be leading a small team of support engineers, carrying out monthly one-to-one coaching, training, and giving feedback consistently. You will be responsible for the motivation and development of your team, as well as the measuring of their performance.
The role is challenging and diverse, and to keep you at the top of your game, we’ll invest in you and your career, providing all the training and support you’ll need to achieve great work.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to work in a stimulating, creative, and exciting environment, and you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you! Just submit your CV and a cover letter.
What makes you a Redgate Product Support Team Lead?
- You have solid management experience and have managed a small team before, or have and know what it takes to take a step up.
- You have a successful track record working in a technical environment and a knack for understanding tricky technical concepts.
- You have a passion for delivering the highest quality customer service
- You’re a self-motivated team player who relishes every opportunity to problem-solve and troubleshoot
- You have a basic understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting practices
- You have a solid understanding of how to troubleshoot issues in a Windows environment
- You have a good understanding of Windows permissions and concepts
- You have some past experience working in a Support Team or Service Desk environment
- You have a passion for technology.
What would really help?
- A degree in a technical or science discipline
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Experience setting up and maintaining Windows Server and/or clusters
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining web servers (IIS, Apache)
- SQL Server administration experience (backing up or restoring databases)
- Scripting or basic programming knowledge
- An understanding of installing and maintaining SQL Source Control systems (Subversion, Azure DevOps, Git), and setting up and maintaining Virtual Machines in the Public and/or Private Cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, VMware)
- Experience in managing Azure SQL Managed Instances and/or AWS RDS
- Basic Linux command line experience
What’s the package?
- Competitive compensation plus an extensive benefits package, including:
- 20 days of paid vacation, plus federal holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Profit share bonus
- A commitment to continuous learning and development
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with flexible work time. Some weekend work may be required as the role evolves.
Redgate is committed to supporting remote working throughout 2021 for all of our people, including new people who join us. We’re also aiming to accommodate COVID-safe office-based working for people who prefer to work this way when and where we can. Understanding how we can evolve our ways of work to offer flexibility and the benefits of both worlds after the pandemic is over is a key company goal for 2021. With that, we are currently seeking candidates who are within a commutable distance of Austin or plan to relocate.
You must have the right to live and work in the United States to apply for this role.
Redgate Software Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The post Product Support Engineer, Team Lead appeared first on Redgate.