- Assist and support the legal team in providing timely, on point, high quality commercial legal advice to the company on contractual and legal matters across the business.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for high volume and/or low value contracts e.g. NDAs, standard template contracts, statements of work, work plans, termination letters and renewal letters.
- Review, compare and contrast proposed contract terms against existing terms in order to identify and summarise variances for formal legal review.
- Manage and maintain the company’s contract lifecycle management online system, in particular ensuring that the register of company contracts and documentation is up-to-date and electronic copies of all documentation are stored appropriately.
- Assist with the legal team projects as required.
- Support the legal team with basic administration, e.g. renewals of insurance or subscriptions to legal data bases, completion of customers’ service provider forms.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Horizon Discovery’s products and services as well as the science behind them, and build strong relationships with our business units, finance, and operations teams, as well as our external counsel where required
You will be educated to graduate level preferably with a degree/diploma in law (or equivalent experience) with extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, ideally gained with an international organisation operating in the Life Science industry. You will be familiar with electronic document management systems (we use Conga) and have a mindset to drive process, continuous improvements and efficiencies from technology. You will be able to show initiative; and work both autonomously (or with minimal supervision) and enjoy being part of a multicultural, vibrant and highly collaborative team.
Core Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional organisational skills; strong self-motivator.
- Must be able to uphold the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgement on day-to-day decisions.
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and reprioritise quickly and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organisation in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with electronic document management systems.
If you would like to shape your future and apply your skills to an exceptional team, we welcome you to apply now to start the conversation!