About the role
Horizon has a rewarding and exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join our Bioproduction Business Unit, which focuses on providing solutions for the biomanufacturing industry. Our current product offering is based on genetically engineered CHO host cells and expression vectors, with over 100 licenses sold to date to Biopharma companies in the USA, Europe, China, South Korea, Japan and Australia. The business is actively expanding its product portfolio applying CRISPR-based gene editing technologies and actively pursuing the development of a portfolio in Gene Therapy (viral vector) manufacturing solutions. Our aim is to significantly grow our revenues from Bioproduction products by increasing our customer base, expanding our geographic reach and developing a compelling product portfolio that addresses current and emerging needs in the biomanufacturing sector, particularly those related to new therapeutic product modalities.
This role constitutes an exceptional opportunity for candidates interested in achieving global reach and influence through successful implementation of strategies to influence business growth and maximise the successful commercialisation of an expanding product portfolio. This role within the bioproduction team, will be central in supporting and driving the business rapid transformation, identify and leverage synergies across the Perkin Elmer family of businesses and provide strategic guidance in the implementation of commercial initiatives and the introduction of new products, underpinning the continued success of the business.
The Product Manager will have key responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Managing the complete life cycle of products and services within the Bioproduction business unit, aligning with key stakeholders to deliver on growth objectives
- Analyse market conditions and competitive landscape to define product features and new products that maintain and grow a market leadership position over the next 3-5 years
- Effectively influence, communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders, including R&D, Sales, Legal, Marketing and Operations to drive portfolio innovation and strategies.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge and understanding of customer needs and buying behaviours to develop targeted segmentation strategies
- Working closely with all stakeholders to develop and implement pricing, positioning and channel strategies for the various global regions and market segments in alignment with revenue and profitability goals.
- Define and execute new product introduction roadmap and positioning strategy, successfully bringing new products to market.
- Introduce voice of customer analysis in product positioning and new product introduction prioritisation efforts
- Assisting with the preparation and execution of global marketing campaigns, marketing assets and activities to drive sales.
- Lead cross-functional team discussions that enable product improvement and innovation
- BSc in a related scientific discipline, such as cell biology, immunology or molecular biology. PhD and/or business grade, such as MBA is preferable
- Previous experience in life sciences product management or sales / business development roles is essential
- Relevant technical and market knowledge of the Biopharma and/or Pharma market.
- Strategic and tactical business acumen with demonstrable experience of driving profitability and growth
- Experience conducting market analysis and deriving customer insights for targeted segmentation
- Ability to understand and translate customer needs into marketable solutions
- Passionate about business growth and commercial expansion, uses compelling business and market analysis supported by science to influence decision making
- Experience in the biomanufacturing sector (manufacturing services, reagents, cells, media, instrumentation) is highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of licensing contracts would be very advantageous