Want to help revolutionize how millions of people do their work? The Alexandria team in Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is looking for a Senior Researcher in machine learning with a focus on knowledge discovery.
Senior Researcher - Machine Learning for Knowledge Discovery
Alexandria is multi-disciplinary research project with the goal of automatically extracting business knowledge into a single, consistent knowledge base, made up of the entities that really matter to each organization. Partnering with product groups across Microsoft, we have launched the first Microsoft 365 service to transform an organization’s data into actionable knowledge: Viva Topics. The Alexandria project brings together researchers with diverse backgrounds in machine learning, social science and design, and engineering, and now sits at the heart of the knowledge discovery revolution in Microsoft.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious machine learning research while collaborating with domain experts to push the state of the art in knowledge and process automation with the potential for enormous real-world impact.
- Develop and drive an ambitious research agenda in machine learning for enterprise knowledge discovery with a vision for product impact.
- Work closely in a team of machine learning and social science researchers, software engineers, and user experience designers to ideate and implement novel models and experiences.
- Collaborate with product groups across Microsoft to rapidly deploy the novel research in real-world applications and ensure its effectiveness in the live system.
- PhD in machine learning, statistics, or a related field.
- Publication record in relevant conferences, such as NeurIPS, ICML, KDD, etc.
- Good software design and implementation skills with an object-oriented programming language, such as Python, C#, etc.
- Willingness to learn about related or new research domains, such as strongly typed knowledge discovery, modeling of organizational processes, and combining probabilistic and deep neural models.
- Passion to see research having impact on enterprise applications.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in probabilistic modelling and Bayesian inference.
- Experience in natural language processing (NLP).
- Experience in productizing machine learning research.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.