About the Role:
Our cell based screening platform is recognised as an industry leader in high performance and highly repeatable drug combination experiments. You will help shape our systems to meet the evolving needs of our premier list of pharmaceutical customers.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to maintain and develop systems that support workflows for sample management, lab automation execution, data curation and data analysis software. These informatics workflows will track and manage processes on robotic automation platforms, enable business intelligence and produce visualisations.
You will be part of a diverse team working directly with wet lab scientists, bioinformaticians as well as other software developers and scientific informatics specialists.
Our tech stack is diverse to solve a wide range of business and technical challenges. A polyglot skillset is advantageous as we also have applications in C#, Python and PHP, but the desire and willingness to pick up new skills is most important.
- Strong Java development and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of SQL databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- .NET stack including C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Web API
- Front end technologies including HTML, CSS, Blazor, React
- Azure DevOps including CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud technologies (Azure or AWS), we use Azure Function Apps, Service Bus, CosmosDb, Lambdas
- Git source control
- Integrate systems, internal and external
- Develop web-based tools/reports supporting onsite and remote management of systems
- Take ownership of features and manage them across the product lifecycle
- Participate in (and often lead) technical discussions
- Apply effective unit tests to ensure high quality software
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline
- Follow an Agile development process with user stories
- Utilise SOLID software and Clean architecture principles
- There may be a requirement to work on site from time to time
- Have an interest in science and Biotech
- Have strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Be able to work autonomously, be self-motivated and results driven
- Be curious, creative, and able to solve business problems
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment and within matrixed, cross-functional teams
- Have excellent communication skills
If this sounds like you then this is your opportunity to apply your skills and interests to projects that will positively impact patient outcomes.