About the Role:
Our cell-based screening platform is recognised as an industry leader in high performance and highly repeatable drug combination experiments. You will help shape our systems to meet the evolving needs of our premier list of pharmaceutical customers.
We are seeking a Software Engineer, to work closely with other software engineers, scientific informatics specialists, bioinformaticians as well automation scientists and wet-lab scientists.
In this role you will maintain and develop systems that support workflows for sample management, lab automation execution, data curation and data analysis. These informatics workflows will track and manage processes on robotic automation platforms, enable business intelligence and produce visualisations.
You will contribute directly to the automation of scientific experiments incorporating robotics, experimental design and data curation that are designed to determine the efficacy of new drugs and drug combinations against major disease types including cancer.
Our tech stack is diverse to solve a wide range of business and technical challenges. A polyglot skillset is advantageous as we also have applications in C#, Python and PHP, but the desire and willingness to pick up new skills is most important.
- Good software development background
- Good Java development and debugging skills
- Good understanding of SQL databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Have scientific informatics, other informatics or LIMS software experience, preferably in an industry setting
- .NET stack including C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Web API
- Front end technologies including HTML, CSS, Blazor, React
- Azure DevOps including CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud technologies (Azure or AWS), we use Azure Function Apps, Service Bus, CosmosDb, Lambdas
- Git source control
- Day-to-day support and troubleshooting for existing production applications
- Manage biological informatics systems for a range of cell based screening applications, supporting users, and implementing new features
- Work with IT, Bioinformatics and lab/automation teams to support and develop integrations between systems
- Develop and implement web-based tools/reports supporting onsite and remote management of systems.
- Work with lab-based scientists to develop new applications and processes within company-wide informatics framework
- Apply effective unit tests to ensure high quality software
- Follow an Agile development process with user stories
- Utilise SOLID software and Clean architecture principles
- There may be a requirement to work on site from time to time
- Have an interest in robotics, robot scheduling and scientific applications
- Have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Be able to work autonomously, be self-motivated and results driven
- Be curious, creative and able to solve business problems
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment and within matrixed, cross-functional teams
- Have excellent communication skills
If this sounds like you then this is your opportunity to apply your skills and interests to projects that will positively impact patient outcomes.