Allia is the UK’s leading organisation dedicated to helping impact ventures to thrive. Allia supports those that aim to make positive change and address the most pressing global and local challenges: through flexible workspace, networking and community in its Future Business Centres; its Serious Impact programme of business support for entrepreneurs; and social finance solutions to help charities create greater impact.
Our people are pivotal to our success, and we have grown expediently. Our team is almost 50 strong in 3 locations and we continue to add to this number. We are an equal opportunities employer who embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible working. We offer a great working environment, true team working ethos, great benefits and much more.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can provide exceptional five-star customer service to all our clients by supporting the delivery of our busy reception and event hospitality services at Future Business Centre Cambridge.
You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing client records, mailing lists, bookings, service logging and invoicing on Clarity.
- Working alongside Centre Assistants delivering reception services during our core hours of 8.30am-5.30pm, including receiving, directing and responding to all calls, messages, sorting incoming and outgoing mail and assisting tenants and visitors.
- Occasionally assisting with tasks outside of core hours which may require early starts, late finishes and weekend working.
- Taking enquires, managing bookings and organising the delivery of conference and meeting room bookings.
- Provide supervision and support to the Centre Assistants on reception, and ensure that all policies, processes, and procedures are followed.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service to new and existing clients and visitors.
- Oversee the administration of the Future Business Centre by ensuring that prospects and clients are logged into the CRM (Hubspot) and Clarity
- Facilitate the management of existing clients, and new enquiries for virtual office, co-working and event space.
- Providing accounts with financial support by checking details are correctly logged on Clarity and generating necessary invoices, credit notes and taking card payments.
- Provide inductions for new co-workers.
- Engage with tenants and clients with the aim of providing first class customer service and to support the building of an innovative and collaborative community whilst reporting to the Centre Manager on what additional services could be provided to meet their requirements.
- Deputise for Centre Manager during times of absence, including acting as Responsible Person for emergency situations, oversee contractors, provide regular weekly and monthly fire safety checks.
- Monitoring, and reporting (via Hubspot) on maintenance issues in the building, liaising with Facilities Manager.
- Provide daily and weekly fire safety checks and ensure building is maintained to the highest standards.
- Work closely with all areas of the organisation, but particularly with the Centre Manager for Future Business Centre Cambridge.
- Provide occasional ad-hoc front of house cover at other Allia properties as reasonably required. Assist Allia by undertaking any such activities as may be reasonably requested.
Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes Required
- Excellent communication, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Customer Service experience
- Excellent record keeping and administrative skills.
- Excellent computer skills, and a willingness to learn new programmes/systems.
- Ability to adapt quickly and develop new strategies.
- Team leadership experience.
- Being able to motivate team members.
- Willing to undertake necessary training, including management training.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Proactive with a high level of initiative.
- Personable team worker but can work independently.
- A highly organised and efficient approach to work.
- To be a self-motivated individual able to work on own initiative.
- Willing to work flexibility to meet the demands of the business.
We are committed to equality and diversity for our ventures, tenants, colleagues, volunteers, trustees, and supporters. We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to the communities in which we serve. We are working to increase diversity and would particularly welcome applications from groups that are currently under-represented, including those from a BAME background.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV with a supporting covering letter highlighting your skills and experience along with why we should consider you for the role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be considered without this information.
All applications should be submitted by 5pm on Monday 25th October 2021.