Associate Director, Science and Innovation Communications, Oncology R&D
Cambridge, UK / Gaithersburg, US
Competitive salary and benefits package
To advance the discovery and development of medicines that hit cancer targets harder, smarter and earlier, our scientists are developing and harnessing innovative tools such as computational pathology, circulating tumour DNA (ctDNA), digital health and data and AI. We are looking for an experienced communicator to highlight our cutting-edge science, technologies, partnerships and scientists in these areas to strengthen our scientific reputation and position Oncology R&D as a partner and employer of choice.
The role will involve working closely with Oncology R&D leaders, clinicians and scientists, as well as Global Corporate Affairs colleagues, to develop multi-layered campaigns across digital, social and traditional media to bring our science and innovations to life.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Build external awareness of, and excitement in, our breakthrough science and innovation in Oncology R&D, including but not limited to computational pathology, ctDNA, digital health and data and AI.
- Raise the profile of related Oncology R&D leaders and scientists externally through the creation of an authentic and inspiring thought leadership programme.
- Lead communications for partnering activities related to our science and innovation advances, including development of press releases, statements, Q&As. Prepare for potential issues.
- Closely partner with AZ Global Media and digital communications teams on relevant communications activities and identify opportunities for engagement and collaboration.
- Establish measures of success and implement relevant evaluation tools for all communications activities.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Established track record of delivering impactful, content rich communications programmes across multiple channels and stakeholders with demonstrable measures of success.
- Substantial experience of healthcare communications.
- Experience supporting senior leaders through communications counsel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong social and digital skills and knowledge of technology options.
- Experience of working with the media desirable.
- Team worker with high level of personal accountability.
- Able to develop and maintain networks across business and cultural boundaries.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Our Company Values & behaviours underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines.
· Cambridge, UK
Job open date: 07/04/2022
Job closing date: 21/04/2022