Our Cambridge team is looking for an Associate Director of Business Development with a track record of success in business development of R&D services and a deep understanding of the UK and European telecommunications industry.
We work on client projects as a team, combining the feel of working in a start-up with the resources and support of a globally successful company. Business Development here is more than just selling. Our Business Developers stay part of the team throughout the lifetime of our projects. In helping our clients, you will make a difference by being a part of the solution, and you’ll have both the freedom and backing to drive business success.
You will carve out and have responsibility for building a substantial professional fee-for-service consulting and technology design & development business, covering next generation telecommunications networks, network and service management, as well as digital services and connected devices.
This is an entrepreneurial role which requires a passion for the development of innovative, disruptive technologies products that deliver substantial business impact. Your understanding of such technologies and your commercial business experience will enable you to be trusted by clients and internal teams to guide the creation of valuable propositions and to close deals. The areas in which you will work will include technologies for next generation cellular networks such as advanced antenna systems, high performance protocols and techniques to improve performance, open standards and virtualised functionality and also connected devices and services such as robotics, manufacturing and augmented reality that rely on high performance connectivity.
Day to Day
As an Associate Director of Business Development within the Wireless and Digital Services Division (WDS), you will take a leading role in our Telecommunications business. You will be responsible for identifying potential clients, developing trusting client relationships, identifying sales opportunities, and defining strategies to address these, along with key client management and contract negotiations leading to successful sales. You will be encouraged to seek new business opportunities through industry contacts.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing strong and trusting relationships with senior executives in client and potential client companies
- Development of cutting edge concepts and ideas that drive breakthrough innovation for our clients.
- Working alongside world class technical specialists with state of the art labs, you will take commercial responsibility for the delivery of successful projects to our clients.
- Raising awareness of the value of the professional services that Cambridge Consultants can deliver in the Telecommunications space
- Identifying and engaging with companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants, actively utilising market information to guide the technical team to inform strategy and internal investments
- Interacting with teams across diverse markets, and technical teams from across the whole of Cambridge Consultants' 850 strong R&D staff
What you need to succeed
The successful applicant will be a talented, ambitious and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to create and lead new business activities.
- Ability to develop business in the Telecommunications domain working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff
- Experience and proven track record of complex, high-value, technical sales / business development
- Ability to personally close substantial sales
- Experience of consultative selling
- 10+ years of professional experience in a relevant positions or industries
- Market knowledge of technologies relevant to the future of high performance communication including massive MIMO, 5G, Wi-Fi, virtualisation, as well as custom radio solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A degree in an appropriate technical domain
- Existing senior relationships within the mobile telecoms or enterprise communications markets
- Market knowledge of any of:
- Web-scale internet/cloud services
- IoT services and devices
- Emerging technologies
- Non-terrestrial networks
- Experience of taking business through the full account lifecycle from acquisition through project fulfilment to scaling.
WHY CAMBRIDGE CONSULTANTS?
Cambridge Consultants is an extraordinary place to work. No two days are the same, the learning is continuous, and you will work with some of the world’s most amazing companies as trusted inside partners.
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.