This is a collaborative and consultative leadership role where you will work within a close-knit team and have a real impact on transforming the business.
Please read on and it would be great to talk further if you’re interested in learning more.
Cambridge Consultants is one of the world’s leading product design and development companies, with a reputation for business transformation and value creation for an international client base. Our business in the Industrial, Consumer & Energy markets is growing and we are seeking to complement our team with an experienced Business Developer to identify new clients and develop where we can help them bring breakthrough products/services to market quickly in order to give them a competitive advantage in their industry sectors.
We’re interested in talking to candidates with a strong background in new business development and account management in one or more of the FMCG/CPG, agriculture, mobility, energy and infrastructure sectors, with experience in strategic innovation, design and development of innovative products/services and transferring products to manufacturing/scaling services
The role requires leadership within a multidisciplinary environment and a close working relationship with other members of the team.
About the job
As a Business Developer, you will take a leading role in our global activities, and be responsible for significant new business development, marketing strategy, client initiation and development, account management and contract negotiation.
Our work includes designing and developing: (these our hyper links to some of the amazing work we do, we hope you check them out)
- Intelligent automation and robotic systems to provide significant capability and productivity gains
- Novel autonomous systems, enabled by industry leading Machine Learning capabilities in obstacle detection, navigation and path planning
- Novel fluidic delivery / mixing and handling systems
- Low power, low latency communication technologies coupled with sensing, edge processing and data fusion to enable creation of new digital services
- Scale up of novel industrial applications of biotech/bioinnovation, from synthetic biology through to alternative protein development
- Strategic technology-based consulting on business-critical areas
Working alongside world class project managers and technical leads, you will take commercial responsibility for the delivery of the projects you sell to your accounts.
You will use your strong technical and market understanding skills to help communicate what Cambridge Consultants can deliver to potential clients and bring together the right team to address their challenges.
Whilst this position is based in Cambridge, UK, there will be international travel.
We would love to hear from you, especially if you have a combination of:
- A strong technical background (educated including to degree level or higher), together with experience in R&D, design, manufacturing or digital services.
- A track record of success in an account management, new business development, or strategic consulting role creating breakthrough products/services and bringing them to market.
- An aspiration to take this experience and apply it to a wider range of companies in the aforementioned industry sectors, creating novel products and services with the support of an outstanding global technical team.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.