Commercial Partnerships and Supply Lead
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Strategic Commercial Partnerships and Supply? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice.
If you’re passionate about the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
Our BioPharmaceuticals pipeline is growing. And it takes something special to get that out to patients, responding to their evolving needs, as well as those of healthcare professionals and partners. A challenger who is rethinking the way things can be done and acting on it.
It powers each of us to make a difference to patients. From providing end to end patient support, to harnessing technology. We get to transform the practice of medicine and deliver value to healthcare systems to improve the health and well-being of lives across the world.
- Develop, deliver and implement Commercial Partnership strategies for the following 3rd party segments: Pharmacies and Pharmacy Chains, Dispensing Doctors.
- Lead the Dispensing Doctors detailing teams and act as the driving force behind, the development and implementation of strategic Commercial Plans.
- Lead the Supply Chain Team to deliver outstanding supply processes and service to our partners and customers.
- Lead the team to maintain a GxP compliant operation and ensure that processes are designed to ensure products are supplied and managed in compliance with GMP/GDP guidelines.
Customer Relationship Management
- Drive regular engagement with key bodies within the Retail Pharmaceutical Industry including NPA, PPA, DDA, and DH.
- Lead on Tendering opportunities in the NHS and be accountable for assessment of all opportunities and delivery where successful tenders are won.
- Lead the UKMC’s Pharmacy strategy and deliver initiatives to drive our brands.
- Responsible for development of overall commercial strategy aligned/integrated with brand strategy for all AZs portfolio.
- Support the Commercial Brand Leader in the development of future commercial offerings across all customer channels.
- Identification, development and negotiation of commercial opportunities with Retail and other 3rd parties.
- Manages implementation of the Commercial strategy for each brand across AZ portfolio.
- Collaborates with modelling analysts teams to identify optimal commercial policy structure to maximize profit.
Lead & Improve Organisation
- Lead the dispensing doctors team to drive professional and commercial excellence in this area.
- Provide regular communication of the best practise and facilitation of knowledge intra & inter department.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of personal development plans to build capabilities.
- Build a team environment that supports innovation, challenges the status quo and provides clear role accountability.
System / Compliance Management
- Accountable for adherence to all FCF controls, all AZ policies and procedures, including APBI code;
- Supplier/Account Management.
- Key strategic interface with all agents for all contract negotiations, revisions to terms and conditions and resolution of all business-critical issues.
- Accountable for delivering an optimal supply chain model in line with business strategy and full product portfolio.
- Ensure provision of Direct2Pharmacy services are in place and functional to cover any failings/anomalies in agent supply contract.
- Stock and Supply Management
- Overall responsibility for the introduction of new product lines.
- Leads all aspects of supply chain in managing monthly Supply Issues with Operations to resolve all supply issues.
Essential Requirements and Skills:
- Demonstrated degree level ability
- Significant experience of managing budgets and costs, P&Ls
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Regulations
- Proficient in project management
- Experience in leading and developing third party commercial relationships
- Demonstrated track record in account management
- Commercial negotiation & Supplier Relationship Management
- Sound leadership and interpersonal development skills
- Strong knowledge of FCF environment and compliance
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Commercial Deals (financial or services)
- Ability to drive business and analytics to support business cases.
- Proven pharmaceutical experience
- Experience of high value, complex service negotiations from either a purchasing or sales back ground
- Brand/Product Manager experience
Closing Date: 5th August 2022
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.