We are looking for a DSP embedded engineer with a passion for designing and implementing efficient real-time systems to join our team. Our projects span a range of industries and applications including Communications, Sensors and Audio.
What we can offer
You will be part of the Signal Processing Group within the Wireless and Digital Services Division. The group is focused on component delivery of signal processing solutions for exciting and diverse products and services. Examples of projects we have worked on in the past are:
- ultra-reliable communications for satellites
- IP block acceleration of Voice Activity Detection using custom in-house DSP cores,
- map based indoor navigation using sensor fusion,
- next generation commercial radio receiver design,
- development of the communication system for a fleet of moving bots in a challenging indoor environment.
We can provide a huge amount of variety in this role. You may be designing filters for simulation of a system one week, getting hands on with programming for a platform the next, or providing vectors or interpreting results from our hardware test team.
We take pride in being ahead of the technology curve, working with and developing exciting new technology. Our accolades include being an Arm Approved Design partner collaborating to design cutting edge systems with the latest low-power technologies. The platforms on which we develop solutions includes devices from TI, ARM devices, PicoChip, Dialog, Tensilica HIFI, Ambiq, Cirrus Logic, and custom ASICs developed in-house.
The wide history of projects previously undertaken by the group have been implemented using a variety of software technologies. For embedded systems: C, C++, Assembler. For scripting and modelling: Matlab, Python, native Windows/Linux scripting languages. Utilising systems and processes: version control systems, issue tracking, continuous integration, test driven development.
What you can bring
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, each with their own distinct set of challenges. You’ll be able to get involved with everything from first-principles thinking and research through to the design, development and deployment of live systems – utilising knowledge and practical experience attained from your degree.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a good degree in a relevant subject, such as electronic/electrical/communications engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics
- programming skills – scripting languages such as Python or Matlab are particularly useful in our day-to-day work, we also use low level languages such as C for implementation so similar experience would be valuable, or of course a willingness to learn!
- an interest or understanding of the constraints of embedded systems, and how they can be implemented in an optimised way. An understanding of digital signal processing (DSP) concepts/mathematics would also be beneficial
We are a nurturing team, and though not a formal graduate scheme you will be supported throughout to develop your career in the direction you want, with mentoring and training provided.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.