Oncology Account Manager - Secondment/12 months FTC
Region: South East Territory
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 31st July 2022
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Account Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology sector in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Please note we are looking for someone based in the South East region.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
Change the way cancer is treated by making an impact at every point in the patient journey. We are thinking and acting faster than anyone to ensure the data we’re producing helps physicians care for patients better. To ultimately deliver clinical promises to the real world, improve patient outcomes and their quality of life. Join our globally-renowned Oncology area, which is leading the rapid business growth of our enterprise and ever-evolving industry. It’s an exciting time to join as we work towards our big ambitions with entrepreneurial thinking and innovation. It’s up to us to find solutions and act fast to make them happen.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on the disease areas of haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
What you’ll do
As a Haematology Key Account Manager, you are responsible for generating clinical demand for haematology brands within key hospital accounts (hub and spoke), pro-actively identifying business opportunities and recommending solutions to drive and develop business. You will also be responsible for increasing prescribing of the brand(s) through effective promotion to senior/influential customers within a defined set of key accounts through enhanced key account management working.
Your contribution in this role will be critical to the success of a highly anticipated new product launch in the UK. Please note this role is to cover the following Key accounts as part of the South East territory:
Key Responsibilities include
- Accountable for increasing prescribing of your brand through effective promotion to senior/influential customers within a defined set of key accounts through enhanced key account management working.
- Pro-actively identifying account needs.
- Development of Local Advocates in allocated accounts
- Cultivate relationships with key internal and external stakeholders that will realise business outcomes in the short, medium and long term.
Essential skills and experience
- Secondary care sales experience with a sound knowledge of key account management within a speciality care environment
- Experience and success within Haematology Oncology
- Proven track record of sales & business management success in speciality secondary care
- Proven track record in influencing the prescribing decision-making process across key accounts
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrating good analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Self-starter and effective problem solver- responsible for own actions and results
- Strong communication and team working
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
Desirable skills and experience
- Evidence of effective working within AZ designated territory and accounts/customers
- Experience of influencing successfully in a complex organisation
- Ability to adapt one’s approach, as the brand(s) develop in the market place
- Business/commercial related degree
- Wellard’s diploma or equivalent
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
We would love to hear from you. Please either submit your application via the link before 31sth July 2022, or, if you have any questions email Kemi.Muraina @astrazeneca.com who is responsible for the recruitment for this role.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook