Head of Business Development – Asia
Our Cambridge team is looking for a Business Developer with a track record selling high-value technical services to Connectivity, AI, Digital Services and Semiconductor technology sectors. With a focus on Asia (especially Japan, China and Korea) this is a great opportunity for a true business go-getter with a global perspective. If you are an experienced business manager adept at new client acquisition, this could be just the role for you
We work on client projects as a team, combining the feel of working in a start-up with the resources and support of a globally successful company. Business Development is a broad role here and you will often stay part of the team throughout the lifetime of projects. In helping our clients to realise their ambitions, you will make a real difference with direct contribution to the solution, and you’ll have both the freedom and backing to drive business success.
You will have responsibility for developing a substantial professional fee-for-service business in collaboration with our teams in Asia, covering next generation Connectivity, AI, Digital Services and Semiconductor technology sectors.
This is an entrepreneurial role which requires a passion for the development of innovative, disruptive technologies and products that deliver substantial impact, including many world firsts. Your understanding of such technologies and your commercial business experience will enable you to be trusted by clients and internal teams to guide the creation of valuable propositions and to close deals
Day to Day
As a Business Developer within the Wireless and Digital Services Division (WDS), you will be responsible for identifying potential clients, developing trusting client relationships, identifying project opportunities, and defining strategies to address these, along with key client management and contract negotiations. You will be encouraged to seek new business opportunities through industry contacts. That will mean developing your deep domain knowledge, and collaborating widely with our engineers, mathematicians, designers and strategists to deliver the breakthrough technology needed to solve our clients’ challenges. A track record of successful business development in Japan is essential for this role.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading WDS business development in Asia, driving the approach to achieve demonstrable results
- Developing strong and trusting relationships with senior executives in client and potential client companies
- Engaging with companies to understand how cutting edge concepts and ideas can be applied to drive breakthrough innovation for our clients.
- Working alongside world class technical specialists with state of the art labs, you will share responsibility for the delivery of successful projects to our clients with technical and program teams.
- Raising awareness of the value of the professional services that Cambridge Consultants can deliver in a broad range of technology focused markets.
- Identifying and engaging with companies that are potential clients for Cambridge Consultants, actively utilising market information to guide the technical team and inform strategy and internal investments
- Actively collaborating with other parts of the business to promote the capabilities of WDS and draw on the capabilities of the wider organisation, to better serve our clients
What you need to succeed
The successful applicant will be a talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to create and lead new business activities.
- Ability to develop business in high-tech market sectors, working alongside other business development, project management and technical staff
- Provide effective leadership and team management to drive business growth
- Experience and proven track record of complex, high-value, technical sales / business development in Asia, including Japan
- Ability to personally close substantial sales in collaboration with project implementation teams
- Experience of consultative selling
- 10+ years of professional experience in a relevant positions or industries
- Market knowledge of technologies relevant to the future of high-performance Connectivity, AI, Digital Services and Semiconductor technology applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A degree in an appropriate technical domain
- Existing senior relationships with Japanese technology companies
- Japanese speaker
- Knowledge and experience of China and / or Korea business culture
- Demonstrate a strong technical foundation to establish credibility with customers
- Market knowledge of:
- Automotive industry
- Emerging technologies
- Experience of taking business through the full account lifecycle from acquisition through project fulfilment to scaling.
WHY CAMBRIDGE CONSULTANTS?
Cambridge Consultants is an extraordinary place to work. No two days are the same, the learning is continuous, and you will work with some of the world’s most amazing companies as trusted inside partners.
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.