Having recently secured PE investment, we are entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for someone to lead our team of Engineers (Developers and Testers) responsible for the front-line Desktop clients of our remote access products. The Desktop team is part of our growing Engineering group.
Responsible for delivering results through a team of Engineers, the role is part technical leadership, part line management with some hands-on development. We operate a flexible agile process, so you’d work with product management and key stakeholders to schedule and track the team’s work, coordinate with the wider product engineering team, and steer the overall technical direction of the team as required. As a line manager, you’d mentor and develop the members of your team, while your development experience means you can still pitch in and write code as needed.
We have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and are looking for creative, flexible and collaborative approaches. We value the input of everyone working on our projects, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange, we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and able to make a valuable contribution to our products.
- Have previous team lead experience within commercial software teams
- Come from a software engineering background, ideally with:
- A familiarity with what it takes to build secure systems at scale.
- Strong C++ experience in a range of desktop environments (Windows, Linux, Mac) working closely in/with the OS
- Experience of security critical software (encryption), networking technologies and protocols is a bonus
- Can estimate, prioritise and track workloads for you and your team
- Are familiar with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban and understand both their strengths and weaknesses
- Can bring out the best in people, and can develop them to go on to achieve even more
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this role offers a unique opportunity to join our Engineering team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, EV car leasing scheme, and private dental / medical care and maternity package.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as Lead Software Engineer (Desktop), please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview, you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.