Senior Data Lake Engineer
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Data Lake Engineering? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR DATA SCIENCE & ENGINEERING TEAM
A place to do important work. We connect across the whole business to power each function to better influence patient outcomes and improve their lives. Impactful and valuable, this is where you come to raise your profile
and do good for others. Play an increasingly crucial role in driving disruptive transformation on our journey to becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Unleash the power of our latest innovations in data, machine learning and technology to turn complex information into life-changing and practical insights. Work in synergy with leading experts in our specialist communities. Here we bring the brightest minds to bear, with access to cutting-edge techniques and the opportunity to be part of novel solutions. It’s up to us to drive the outcomes forward, inventing and building, expanding our knowledge to identify the next opportunity. An inclusive team, we bring together diverse areas – different functions as well as external partners. Pooling from an unrivalled source of knowledge, we share, learn and challenge. It powers us to decode business needs and apply our technical know-how to add greater value. Rise to the challenge of shaping the future of an evolving business in the technology space.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
As a Tech Lead you will lead the effort to bring about a step-change in how we develop and run the R&D Data Lake as a capability. This will involve building out the processes and technology to meet product owner requirements and architectural strategy. You will be responsible for the efficient, secure and compliant running of the Data Lake.
You would be working closely with data engineers and solution architects to produce great technical designs and make them into a reality. You will likely possess a blend of excellent engineering skills and successful experience building quality cloud applications. We would like you to be a proactive problem solver who can design and build easy to maintain applications that enable other teams to do their jobs at pace. Main skillset to be successful in the role:
- Technical leadership in data domain includes coordinating, coaching, and guiding the development team to improve engineering processes and resolve technical challenges,
- You will be able to craft and document development best practices & technical designs,
- Providing technical input around design, architecture, integration and support of the entire data sourcing platform with a focus on high availability, performance, scalability and maintainability,
- Experience developing and managing a cloud data solutions. We are using AWS stack,
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to understand business needs and translate them into a solution,
- You will need great interpersonal skills & a collaborative approach to delivery.
- Excellent knowledge on Software Lifecycle Management and experience with End-to-End Service Delivery from requirement gathering and technical design right through hypercare
- Assist with POC/evaluation of new technology options and vendor products that meets the organization needs
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
- Experience of big data, ETL & cloud techniques and tools (we currently use Talend, Glue, EMR, HIVE, PIG, Spark, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Excellent listening, presentation, communication & partner management skills
- Excellent analytical, logical reasoning ability & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team or independently to deliver objectives
- Proven experience with Object Oriented & scripting languages. We mainly use JAVA and Python.
- Experience building data centric APIs,
- You are very likely to have experience of Agile practices, especially being a SCRUM Master,
- Experience working in a large organisation,
- Experience building and managing off-shore teams,
- Experience building and supporting GxP systems,
- Experience supporting a 24x7 system,
- Desired skills on SnowFlake, Data Mesh principles, and Apache services like Hive, Hue, Hudi, Spark, Airflow is added advantage
WHY JOIN IT?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 18/8/2022