Senior Manager, Oncology R&D Communications
Cambridge, UK / Gaithersburg, US
Competitive salary and benefits package
AstraZeneca is leading a revolution in oncology to redefine cancer care. We have a bold ambition to provide cures for cancer in every form. To achieve this, we have some of the best scientists and clinicians and one of the most diverse portfolios in the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to help us build awareness of, and excitement in, our breakthrough science and innovation in Oncology R&D.
The role will involve working closely with Oncology R&D scientists and clinicians, as well as Global Corporate Affairs colleagues, to bring the science and its impact to life.
You will support in the preparation of effective and engaging scientific communications material, for a wide range of purposes, including congresses, speaking opportunities for our Executive Vice President of Oncology R&D and social media.
We welcome creative new approaches to reach our target audiences and you will be part of a supportive team that encourages dialogue and development.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Strong scientific understanding to help elevate our science, innovation and scientists.
- Development of scientific content, messaging and materials for various audiences, internally and externally.
- Creation of scientific content for presentations by the Executive Vice President of Oncology R&D to internal and external audiences.
- Actively seeking out and working with Oncology R&D scientists to develop scientific examples that convey progress towards scientific leadership.
- Promoting the use of digital channels and advising how to modify and adapt campaigns for maximal reach and impact.
- Responsible for editorial scheduling of campaigns across the team for social content and determining evergreen content for Oncology R&D.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- PhD or MSc with some experience of drug discovery/development
- Prior experience in a scientific communications role
- Experience of working in Oncology desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, particularly with scientific and complex information
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific information into effective and compelling communication that is appropriate for different audiences
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Track record of planning and delivery success
- Proactive mindset with effective interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive projects forward to a successful conclusion in a matrix organization
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Our Company Values & behaviours underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines.
· Cambridge, UK
Job open date: 07/04/2022
Job closing date: 21/04/2022