Translational Medicine Lead, Oncology
What you will do
We are seeking an Translational Lead in Oncology Translational Medicine to join a world class center for discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines. In this role you will be accountable for leading delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers in drug discovery and development programs for targeted agents in our breast cancer portfolio. You will have the opportunity to impact an industry-leading portfolio of targeted therapy programs from inception through to life cycle management for marketed drugs.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
From diagnosis to later stage development, we’re laser-focused on leading the way forward to create solutions that transform lives. We are focused on identifying and treating patients earlier, where there is greater curative potential. With the greatest number of early stage cancer trials in the industry, we are getting closer to finding cures every day.
It is the breadth and strength of our innovative pipeline that offers both security and stability. And with the goal to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025, it’s up to each of us to keep pushing our industry-leading Oncology pipeline forward and build the future
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Developing biomarker strategies and ensuring delivery within oncology project teams.
- Delivering biomarkers for clinical studies based on the best available science and technologies.
- Generating disease linkage data to guide indication selection and targeted patient populations.
- Measuring target engagement reliably and quantifiably to inform clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules.
- Understanding key cancer pathway interactions and feedback mechanisms in clinical samples to guide rational drug combinations.
- Defining novel mechanisms of resistance targeted therapies by studying tumors at relapse.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications:
- PhD and/or MD with extensive experience in drug development
- In-depth knowledge of oncology disease area biology and translational science, with expertise in breast cancer biology and ER / AKT signaling
- Proven communication and influencing skills.
- Highly developed problem solving and risk management skills.
- Highly developed collaborative working skills.
- Ability to act as an external ambassador and to influence external organisations to enhance the image and reputation of AstraZeneca.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others.
Locations: Cambridge UK, Boston, US
Competitive Salary and benefits.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to Sophie Halpin
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.