You have 54 hours to test your ideas, build a team and pitch to investors!
Win a place on the Accelerate Cambridge programme!
During the weekend of 18-20 November, the Entrepreneurship Centre at Cambridge Judge Business School will be hosting a Connected Devices and Wearables Venture Creation weekend.
If you want to meet and work with like-minded people from diverse backgrounds and professions on new venture ideas for connected devices and wearables for 54 hours, then join this inspiring event.
The event complements the entrepreneurship programmes at Cambridge Judge Business School by focusing on venture creation by teams with a structured combination of training and mentoring.
The winner of the event will be offered a place on the Accelerate Cambridge programme.
- Interested in creating cool wearable products that empower consumers?
- Looking to explore the reach of connected devices by designing new products?
Unveil new business opportunities with connected devices and wearables at Venture Creation weekend!
Bring your enthusiasm and creativity, present your best ideas and inspire others to join your team. Get feedback from mentors and pitch your idea to a panel of industry experts and investors to find out whether your idea is viable.
Venture Creation Weekend: Connected Devices and Wearables
18-20 November 2016
Venue: Cambridge Judge Business School, Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 1AG
18:00-23:00 18 November 2016
Public pitches – attendees bring their best ideas and inspire others to join their team.
09:00-23:00 19 November 2016
Teams focus on market research, customer development, validation of their ideas and, where appropriate, building a minimal viable product. Mentors will be available to give advice on Saturday afternoon.
A crash courses on "Building your Business Model" and "Pitching" will be delivered over lunch time.
09:00-19:00 20 November 2016
Mentors will be available to give advice on Sunday morning.
Teams demonstrate their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts comprising successful entrepreneurs, industry experts and venture capitalists.
- Peter Cowley, Entrepreneur and Angel Investor, Cambridge Angels
- Shaun Grady, VP Business Development Operations, AstraZeneca
- Alison Grey, Director, Cross Portfolio Product Development, Inmarsat
- Martin Harriman, Entrepreneur, Investor and Advisor, ex board member at O2 and Telefonica
- Ahsan Zaman , Executive Director, World Media Online M2M Magazine, Director of International IoT Council
The Entrepreneurship Centre at Cambridge Judge Business School aims to inspire, enable and research entrepreneurship.