Applications for the brand new, equity free, Serious Impact incubator in East London close at midnight Thursday 25 May.
Last chance to apply for new Incubator in East London
Apply online: www.seriousimpact.co.uk/east-london
New Incubator offers free support to grow businesses in East London
A new start-up incubator launches in East London this month, to help grow local businesses and create employment in the district. Based in Hackney, the Allia Serious Impact Incubator will open its doors on 19th June. Applications for the first cohort will close this Thursday 25th May, 2017.
Experts in start-up support, Allia, are bringing their Serious Impact programme to a brand new centre in East London. The focus of the incubator will be local start-ups with high-growth potential, with the aim of bringing valuable employment to the area. Successful applicants will be provided with free training, workshops, access to workspace, mentoring and talks from an expert team, who have already been on the startup journey themselves, some many times before. This programme is free to successful applicants.
Serious Impact are looking for entrepreneurs who are ambitious to grow their business and have a bit of traction behind them. Participating business should in some way positively impact the people, economy or community of East London; by creating jobs, and bringing wealth, services and opportunities to the area. Businesses should be based in East London, or be able to demonstrate that their business will have a positive impact on East London.
What is Allia?
Allia creates social impact through enterprise. It does this by providing access to finance, workspace and practical support to businesses and charities that want to make a positive impact on people, planet or place www.allia.org.uk
Since 2013 Allia has supported 400 potential entrepreneurs, start-ups and early stage and growing ventures, which in turn have created hundreds of new jobs. Many of these ventures are flourishing; winning awards and investment whilst also creating the impact they intended.
What does the Allia Serious Impact Incubator in East London include?
- Free access to 24/7 office space for the duration of the 9 month programme
- Mix of full day workshops and short sessions, bespoke to the needs of the cohort to help take important next steps; guided by you, not led by the curriculum
- Topics covering the full range of business needs but will include Sales and Marketing, Operations, and Finance
- On site expert business advisors, there to give support for the duration of the programme, but also for those moments when you just need an answer
- Regular 2-hour sessions with the group. Peer-to-peer support with people who understand the business journey, who can celebrate the wins and talk through tougher times
- No equity and no fees, but Serious Impact are looking for your commitment
Allia is a not-for-profit organisation that supports businesses - through flexible workspace, social finance and free business support - so that they can grow and create positive impact, on their communities and on the planet.