Are you an innovator with an exciting new solution for improving estates and facilities provisions in a healthcare setting? If so, you are invited to apply for an innovation exchange event, jointly hosted by Eastern Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) and East Midlands AHSN, aiming at introducing you to key NHS stakeholders.
Innovators sought for Eastern AHSN Estates & Facilities Innovation Exchange
On Thursday 3rd October, the networks hope to showcase a range of innovations that will both inspire and practically help shape the future of NHS estates and facilities in this region.
They explain: “The scope of our innovation exchange will encompass everything related to the places where care is delivered, both the buildings themselves and the systems that keep them running, such as heating and lighting.
“After consultation with our key NHS and health system stakeholders we have now refined our original challenge statements for the event.”
How might we improve estates utilisation across a health and care system through use of innovations?
- How can we manage room / facility / equipment booking across estates (possibly including non-NHS premises and link booking to clinical rostering?
- How can we understand the utilisation of space across multiple estates (possibly including non-NHS premises?
- How can we better use non-hospital estate given that the majority of care is NOT delivered in hospital premises?
How might we reduce energy and wide utility costs in our health and care estates through the use of clean tech?
How might we support better day to day operations and maintenance of healthcare premises?
- How can we ensure appropriate infection control (relevant to the use of the estate in question)?
- How can we monitor and maintain equipment across a portfolio of estates? For example, temperature monitoring and automated alerts to failing refrigeration equipment
How can we assist people with complex needs navigate their way around our premises (wayfinding)?
To enter an innovation that correlates with any of the challenge statements above, please apply online using the Health InnX Portal and click the link to the Estates and Facilities Campaign.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday 6th September. Shortly after, the teams will be in touch with all innovators to update them on their progress and inform successful applicants of the next steps.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Eastern AHSN (Academic Health Science Network) turn ideas into health impact by bringing together all partners in the health sector to develop and deliver innovative care.