Now in its second year, the StartUP Science Competition awards the winner eight hours of one-to-one business mentoring from senior AstraZeneca executives and consideration for the Cambridge Judge Entrepreneurship Centre’s Accelerator - Accelerate Cambridge*
The competition aims to highlight the great science and innovation taking place in the local Cambridge ecosystem and to help build the next generation of biotechs. It offers participants the opportunity to raise the profile of their company and to network with high-profile life sciences representatives and senior AstraZeneca executives.
Three competition finalists will be invited to pitch their businesses to an exclusive group of high-profile life sciences representatives at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge 2019 event on 3 July at Cambridge Judge Business School.
The winner of the AstraZeneca StartUP Science competition – chosen by attendees at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge event – will receive eight hours of tailored one-to-one business mentoring from senior AstraZeneca executives, as well as consideration for entry in the Cambridge Judge Entrepreneurship Centre’s Accelerator - Accelerate Cambridge*. The 3 finalists will also receive entry to the Entrepreneurship Education weekend held at Cambridge Judge Business School in the autumn.
How to take part?
If you would like to take part in the AstraZeneca StartUP Science competition, complete the application form here by 5pm on Friday 14 June 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in a Pitch & Network event at the AstraZeneca offices in central Cambridge on 26 June 2019, where participants will be expected to present a 4-minute business pitch in front of a judging panel.
The judges will choose three finalists who will be invited to pitch their ideas at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge event on 3 July 2019 at Cambridge Judge Business School.
- The competition is open to early-stage start-ups that are:
- Focussed on life sciences/healthcare
- Located within the Cambridge cluster
- Only one entry can be submitted per business
- Submissions must be submitted as an online form by 5pm on Friday, 14 June
- The shortlisted entries will be notified via email on 19 June. Start-ups will be required to attend the Pitch & Network event on 26 June to proceed with competition
- Winner of the competition will be announced at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge event on 3 July. The winner will be chosen by the highest number of audience votes. Note: AstraZeneca is unable to provide travel expenses
- Three finalists will be promoted in social media – by entering the competition, entrants agree to publicity
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
Find out more
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact AstraZeneca-Exchange-Cambridge@astrazeneca.com